So, I had originally planned to self-publish The Holy Diamond in summer 2013, but I became convinced by an editor that the novel needed a proper, full edit. While I was, like any author, inclined to convince myself of my own brilliance and self-righteousness, I gave way to good advice and cool-headed thinking, and went ahead with having a full-novel edit.
What does this involve? Everything from fixing characters, plot, removing redundancies, length…down to periods and commas. Really everything! I’m nearing the end of the edit process now, and then I only need to:
- Do one last proof reading
- Design the cover (which I have hired out for)
- Finish the non-body text parts such as acknowledgements, copyright, etc.
- Get the novel formatted for a half dozen e-formats and softcover
- And finally, set up all of the online sales accounts (which I have never done before).
I the meantime, I hope to continue my global travels to undisclosed locations. In the meantime, here is photo of Nuremburg, heartland of The Holy Diamond. This is the first thing I saw when I arrived in the old capital of the Holy Roman Empire, and the first photo I took.